My Chandelier Moments

Monday, November 9, 2009




Hi readers,

Ever since I start hunting for the perfect dining lighting for my house, chandelier with shades has always been the number 1 choice. Luckily my husband shares the same liking with me, so hunting for it has always been a fun activity to share. We want something simple, something pastel, something practical and something that can really suits the dining table and the green concept of our dining area I want all that we want but additional thing I want is dangling crystal drooping around it too…shhh….
Our hunting start from Jalan Pudu, Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, Jalan Ampang, Kota Damansara and when we finally found the one that suits the desire and meet the budget : ) , it was in Uptown, PJ. Sorry reader I can’t remember the shop but if you go to uptown area, there is this one row of shops whish cater all sort of lighting and the shop that I choose to buy is kinda of smaller compare to others.

The best part is that this shop can customized the shades by material and colour. In fact when I bought my chandelier it did not come in shades, just the bulb resembling the candle design (it’s nice also without shades but I still want shades..hehe, oh ya the crystal substitutes was a glass, ahh dat will do ..hehe), so the seller make my day when he said ‘ dun worry, if u like the chandelier we can always put the shades on top with just a little extra charge’ so we agreed and a few days later here it is our chandelier , hanging majestically in our humble dining : )


Quick fact :
::A chandelier is a branched decorative ceiling-mounted light fixtures with two or more arms bearing lights. Chandeliers are often ornate, containing dozens of lamps and complex arrays of glass or crystal prisms to illuminate a room with refracted light.

::A chandelier shades is a quick trick to create a whole new look in your home, it comes in many colours, size, type and design. When buying one, make sure you decide on something practical i.e. something that can be easily wash to get rid of dust.

::Choose the right size of lamp shades for your lighting fixtures – get more tips from here






My secret wish: Someday when I have a daughter of my own, I wish that I can have her a chandelier with horse carousel …whoa! sumthing like in the pic, taken from here . Enjoy readers and have your own secret wish of chandelier!



[get this widget]

0 comments: